My Trip to New Orleans

Over the weekend, I went to New Orleans. Right after school, I went with my family to the airport. After our first flight we took another plane to New Orleans. When we got there, it was already midnight.

We went to the Mississippi River then next morning. There were old ferries that were taking people on tours. There was also a shipping yard where ships came in from the ocean to unload. There was a delta where the ships came through to get from the ocean into the river. We also went to the French Market. The French Market is a long tent where people set up stands and shops. It is in the French Quarter. I saw real alligator heads and claws. Then we went to the old U.S. Mint. It was a factory where they melt the metal and imprint them into coins. there was also a cafe where they sold beniets. After that when we went back, we passed through Bourbon Street. At night, people party and drink there.

The next day, we took a trolly around the old part of town. there was a parade on Canal street, where our hotel was, so we watched it. During the trip we also visited Loui Armstrong park. There was a pond and lots of memorials there. When we were driving back to the airport we passed the Mercedes Super Dome, where they hold the Super Bowl. In conclusion it was a unique trip. There were some strange characters who were selling drugs on the street, but it was a very historial experience.

3 Comments on My Trip to New Orleans

1. 29adaoras
    January 5, 2023 at 5:57 pm (1 year ago)

It’s really cool that you got to go to New Orleans. How did the beignets taste?

Reply
    • 29ishann
      February 15, 2023 at 8:47 pm (1 year ago)

They taste like donuts without glaze and with a lot of powdered sugar.

Reply
  2. 29connorm
    February 13, 2023 at 1:33 pm (1 year ago)

This is a great piece of writing. I love the ending about the ‘strange characters.’

Reply