Ted Talk

Have you ever watched a Ted Talk? One day in Language Arts, my teacher told me that we were going to do a Ted like Talk. I had to talk for five minuets! That meant that I had to add a lot of details. Our teacher said that we could do it on whatever we wanted, but there were so many things to choose from, so I thought for a few days.

One Friday, I was playing my favorite video game, War Thunder with my friends. Then I had an idea! I could talk about War Thunder for my Ted Talk! So when it was Monday, I told my teacher I wanted to talk about War Thunder.

War Thunder is a video game based on World War One and World War Two. You can play as tanks, airplanes, or battleships with other people all around the world! There are also many countries to choose from, each with different vehicles. You can battle with other people and earn research with which you can unlock better vehicles on a Tech Tree. The graphics and physics are very realistic. Every vehicle in the game was actually made in real life!

To prepare, our teacher showed us actual Ted Talks to show how to present. They looked very professional. One of my favorite parts about this assignment, was that I got an excuse to play War Thunder during school days to take pictures. I also realized that even though five minutes may sound long, War Thunder is such a complex game, that I decided to focus on tanks, which was my favorite part. I put all of my pictures in a slide show, and made notes for important things to talk about.

After practicing, I realized that my talk was only three and a half minutes, so I decided to add a little humor and a slide with tips on how to do good.  Finally it was time to present! I talked slowly so maximize the time. My teacher liked my starting question, which was, “Can you imagine flying over the reefs of Australia, hiding in the ruins of Machu Picchu, or sailing the coasts in a dangerous boat?” I really enjoyed making this Ted like Talk, and also maybe you can try out War Thunder too.

1 Comment on Ted Talk

1. 29maxh
    May 31, 2023 at 1:59 pm (11 months ago)

Your TED Like Talk made me want to play War Thunder even more. I hope you keep playing forever.

Reply